What boredom does to an adamant non-blogger...

Gone are the days of anti-blogging..

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Back from a LONG blogging break!

This is the first time I’ve abstained from blogging for so long since I became a blogger myself. I’m not even going to attempt a detailed recollection of the things that have happened during the past month although I’m certain that I’ll win the Blogspot award for the longest post if I do so.

My life was an assortment of everything from politics to posters, from apprenticeship tasks to netball, from being anti-social to being forced to work with all the candidates, from homesickness to exhaustion and a whole host of things that I can't seem to recall (post-traumatic amnesia, i guess). It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions with my patience and perseverance tested to the limit.

To describe my Academic life, skipping lectures became almost an everyday occurrence. Luck was on my side when it came to dividing PBL topics. I always got the easiest ones (at times like those, I believe in God!). CSU were interesting and I got the coolest CSU lecturers (Tim Song, Nilesh, Juriah) for my CSU sessions.

It was a rather eventful month with the least enjoyable part being winning the SRC election by default. It spoilt the entire election for me. It wasn’t an election anymore and I didn’t feel like I was part of the race (probably because I wasn’t! Can't run a race if there aint any one to run with!). An election can’t be an election if the voters didn’t have at least 2 candidates to choose from. It didn't seem right but I had to do the responsible thing and stay in the game even if I didn't like the way things were going. The SRC has to have a Secretary! The only advantage was the fact that I didn’t have to think of silly slogans to promote myself. Being too modest to publicly admit my talents and capabilities, this would have been a tough one for me to pull off.

With the election nearing an end, I get the feeling that Iskandar was absolutely right when he said Politics is actually “poly-ticks”. I must follow Ayman’s advice and get hold of some good insect repellant if I’m going to survive a whole year of this. I have no idea how I’m going to deal with problems that will crop up (I foresee a lot of those!). Having won by default and not elected by a majority vote might be a bit of a problem for me in the future. Not among the candidates for I’ve eared their respect by being a competent secretary, but by the rest of the student body. I guess I will have to deal with all the criticism that comes my way.

Challenges? I say, bring it on..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home