What boredom does to an adamant non-blogger...

Gone are the days of anti-blogging..

Friday, March 10, 2006

A lost leaf, finding a place for itself in the world...

I’m a leaf, tossed in the Wind, going wherever it takes me. I land on a green meadow. I feel safe. It feels like home. More leaves for company; leaves I share my color with. I begin to get to know them. They become my friends. I feel even more at home with them but at the same time I feel different. I’m confused. Am I changing? Or was I always different? I guess I was. But I’m happy with them; maybe not all the time. I beg for the Wind to blow me away.
I get my wish. I get blown away. This time to the bank of the stream. The water licks my stalk. Teases me. Urges me to float away. I see leaves floating. Should I join them? They call out to me; one leaf actually offers to take me away. This leaf gains my trust, my good opinion. I’m tempted, out of respect for this leaf and out of respect, I wade in. I get drenched. The water’s cool. The other leaves dance on the water surface. I refuse to join them. I’m not tempted to do that. I retain my powers of good reasoning. I return to the water’s edge, dry myself in the sun and hope, yet again, to be blown away by the Wind.
I get my wish. Again. I land back in the meadow. Home again, with the leaves. Then it starts; the differences. I concentrate on studying the movements of the sun, watching the stars, smelling the air, feeling the earth. I keep away from the leaves for a while.
I’m confused. Stream or meadow? Or to the uncharted forest beyond. Do I enlist the help of the Wind again? I ponder this for a long time.
Still pondering…..
A final decision. I decide to ask the Wind for help again. To blow me to and fro from the meadow to the stream. I enjoy the company in both places; but they all get on my veins at times. I decide to haunt the meadow and the stream till the wind blows me away into the uncharted forest beyond.
I’m lost. Wind, my life is in your hands….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home