What boredom does to an adamant non-blogger...

Gone are the days of anti-blogging..

Friday, January 12, 2007

31.12.2006 Flashback 2006

It is with disbelief that I write this entry. It seemed like January 1st 2006 was just yesterday. I feel like I have slept through most of 2006 for it passed by so quickly that I have not even gotten used to writing 2006 when writing the date. Now I must get used to 2007. Greetings 2007!
Recap 2006:- I welcomed 2006 with a large pile of CVS lecture notes that I had not touched because I enjoyed my Christmas break with my beautiful mom and genius brother. CVS exam came and went (It wasn’t that bad after all) and it was suddenly Rotations with everyone getting excited about the KKB hospital visit. All this was amidst preparing for the M1/06 Orientation which had its hiccups. The whole orientation went well, or at least as well as can be expected. Respi, Haemato and GI passed by rather quickly. SRC election campaign time was one of the most demanding periods of my life. I was glad when it was over. Netball practices during rotations were rather strenuous but all the girls were keen and committed. We were determined to nail the MAPCU games this time! EOS study break was an experience unlike any other. The sheer stress of the workload got to everyone. It was like a pandemic disease that hit the M1/05 globe. Glazed looks, bags-under-eyes, signs of recent weight gain, pimples, un-ironed clothes were some of the main symptoms. But although we thought it was a torture that would never end, the end did come and we were back home again for a glorious 2 months! I must admit that it did get boring after a while. Driving lessons took up quite a bit of my holiday but at least I got over my fear of driving although I vowed not to drive on Sri Lankan roads any time soon. I just needed to get my license. Thank god I passed the exam! Suddenly it was time to head back to Malaysia, 5 days before the rest of the Lankans because there were a lot of SRC matters to take care of. 5th of September dawned and thus dawned my SRC career. There was no looking back from that day. Its been a lot of hard work, lots of moments of frustrations but it did have its ups. Its been a good experience and although there have been a few disappointments I will only take the positives out of it. Welfare & Academic Meetings took a lot of preparation time. Surveys had to be done and results tabulated. Agendas had to be prepared. IMU Cup took the most part of September and added 4 more medals to my growing collection. Endocrine system lived up to its reputation of being one of the easiest systems. The exam was really easy and I guess we have to thank the coordinator for that. Rotations were interesting. Another KKB visit! More food from Restoran 98! Diwali Nite and Friday Nite dance practices also took a lot of my time. I am glad that they turned out well after all the time we sacrificed. Making bookmarks for our security campaign was another tedious task that we undertook. Repro did not go that well for me. Although I did manage to finish all the lecture notes in time, I felt that I did not perform well in the exam. Sigh! Disappointments aside, it was time to celebrate being 20! I must thank everyone for the sympathy I received. It sucked that the exam was the day after my last birthday in Malaysia! I did however have a memorable celebration on the 15th thanks to my lovely housemates (including the pseudo one), princess Diana and the optical isomers. The decision to come back home was a rather sudden one. I was not happy at the fact that I had to ditch shrekess, baldie and the Eurasian on our planned road trip but I wanted to spend Christmas and New Year at home.
And here I am, on the 31st of December reminiscing the year that has passed ever so quickly. So many things have happened and yet it feels like 2006 has passed in the blink of an eye.
2007 will probably be a year of change. I look forward to that.
I also hope that the New Year will bring a solution to the two-decade long civil war in Sri Lanka and that those displaced during the tsunami disaster will receive what they need to get their lives back on track.
I wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home