Asian parents
It has become apparent to me that an Asian parent's brain is wired differently to any other. They worry about their 20-something year old 'children' as if they were toddlers . They call you to find out if you've sorted out your bank matters, air tickets, gone for lectures, visited your uncle and here's the cherry on the cake, whether you've eaten!
Asian children never grow up in their parents eyes. I suppose its time for us to get used to it.
Despite a lifetime of enduring Asian parenting, I was shocked today when I was asked to dress up warm and be careful when I make my 10-minute walk home because the weather reports had said that it would be terribly cold and windy here.
It felt a little weird coming from people who live in a country ravaged by a two decade long civil war, who have to work in some of the most dangerous parts of the country and drive for 45-minutes across towns prone to bomb explosions everyday.
A tad bit more dangerous than my ten minute walk in the wind, I think. Just a wee bit.
Asian children never grow up in their parents eyes. I suppose its time for us to get used to it.
Despite a lifetime of enduring Asian parenting, I was shocked today when I was asked to dress up warm and be careful when I make my 10-minute walk home because the weather reports had said that it would be terribly cold and windy here.
It felt a little weird coming from people who live in a country ravaged by a two decade long civil war, who have to work in some of the most dangerous parts of the country and drive for 45-minutes across towns prone to bomb explosions everyday.
A tad bit more dangerous than my ten minute walk in the wind, I think. Just a wee bit.
3 Comments:
At 7:08 pm ,
CCS-lover said...
hey, dont generalize!
my parents are Asian too.. im lucky if i get a phone call once a week! :P
At 12:45 am ,
Ayman said...
try working with one asian and one european :P
At 10:38 am ,
Ime said...
Haha! :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home